skip to content

University Biomedical Services (UBS)


Guidance on Applying for PIL

To apply for a Personal Licence within the University of Cambridge you must undertake Home Office PIL Courses according to the type of licence you will be applying for. The UBS Training Centre provides these courses and information on them.

Once you have completed your Home Office PIL Course you need to contact and provide them with a copy of your certificate of completion from your HO PIL course and a completed copy of the PIL Reg form which the Training Centre will supply you with.. When UBS HO Licencing has received the required information the applicant will be sent further application guidance.

All forms can be found here; 

Personal Licence documents | University Biomedical Services (UBS) (

PIL Compliance- Stop! Do you have a Personal Licence?

Licence Stop Poster

Reporting of Welfare concerns

Animal Welfare Letter

Whistle Blowing Poster